Downloading and Installing Evaluations and Upgrades
Keowee Product Suite v4
Please use the following procedures for installing all software obtained from this site. If you are upgrading, you must backup your existing installation and follow all upgrade instructions in the README file and Installation Guide provided in the download file! Otherwise, you may lose any user-created objects. You can also use this comprehensive procedure for upgrading any combination of our AS/400 products to our latest 4.xx versions.
Each of the products shown below is contained in an integrated package known as the Keowee Product Suite (KPS). Only one download and one installation are required; just select the combination of products you wish to install and evaluate.
FORMagic/400 Forms Overlay Manager
FORMagic/400 PDF File Creator and Forms Manager
FontMagic/400 Font Manager
FORMagic/Windows Forms Overlay Manager
FORMagic/Windows Host Developer Kit
FlashMagic/Windows Non-volatile Memory Manager
- Download the KPSV4.EXE installation package (9.1mb) and place it in any folder. Keep a copy of this file in a safe location. Should you purchase one or more of our products, it is your permanent copy; we do not distribute physical media. After installation, see the ReadMe, Installation, and User Guides (each substantially less than 1mb) to get started. They will be available directly from the KPS program group in the Start Menu or from the KPS Administrator application. You can also view all documentation here.
- If you are upgrading: Backup your existing installation first! If you are upgrading from any version 1 through 3, new product keys will be required.
- Click on the download file to perform the installation.
All evaluation versions are fully-functional, but usage is limited to a 30-60 day evaluation period. The number of objects which may be created or used during the evaluation period, such as forms in FORMagic/400 and fonts in FontMagic/400, is also limited.
Critical Installation Pre-requisites for products with an AS/400 component:
All of our AS/400 software products assume that you have one of the following capabilities for transferring files, know how to use it, and have sufficient authority to create and use a library and folders. More details are provided in the Installation Guide.
- AS/400 FTP server active: This option should be used whenever possible. We have fully automated the installation process with an FTP client integrated into the KPS. You can also use your own FTP client, but some manual effort will be required.
- AS/400 NetServer server active: A file share and drive mapping must be available to access folders in the QDLS filesystem.
- Client Access, or similar product: A drive mapping must be available to access folders in the QDLS filesystem.
- Proprietary utility: You must be able to transfer both AS/400 savefiles and text files. This option is the least desirable as it requires the most manual effort.
When using a mapped drive or folder: You must meet the requirements shown below; otherwise installation issues may occur:
- You must know how to map a network drive letter to your entire AS/400, something similar to -- Drive Letter: I, Mapped To: \\systemname. You may be able to use the Explorer Tools menu to map the drive. The alternative mapping \\systemname\QDLS can also be used, but no other mapping will operate correctly.
- After mapping a drive, you should be able to display the drive from Windows Explorer. You must be able to see the folder QDLS, or its contents if the alternative mapping is used.
- The User ID used for connecting the drive to the AS/400 must have sufficient authority to create and delete folders and files within QDLS. Note that the User ID referred to here is not necessarily the same as the one used for signing on to a workstation session; it is the one used to make the connection between the PC and the AS/400 (and specified during the installation of Client Access).
- You must be able to create a folder within QDLS and copy and paste any small file from your PC into the folder within QDLS, and then delete it. Please test this process now.
- Additional information is provided in the Client Access section in our Support area.
If you meet all of these pre-requisites, few if any installation problems will occur; and, we will be happy to provide support for any that do.
If you do not know how to perform these steps, we will be happy to provide general assistance. However, due to the constantly changing nature of Client Access, the many versions and releases available, numerous PTF's, frequent changes in security mechanisms, and the complexity of setups and operation, we have limited ability to provide detailed support for this product. As with all IBM products, IBM SupportLine is the proper channel for obtaining detailed support when needed.