FORMagic Developer Products
and Integration Methods
The FORMagic Forms Overlay Manager allows developers to use a number of methods for integrating electronic forms technology into their products. All are dependent on several basic steps:
- Design electronic forms using any PC-based product which will output to the intended HP-compatible run-time laser printer. This is done with your product of choice.
- Convert the electronic form into an electronic forms overlay. This is done with your copy of the FORMagic developer kit.
- Download the electronic form to the run-time printer. It will be stored, much like a font, for subsequent use. This is done with your copy of FORMagic, with a full copy, or with run-time download components integrated and distributed with your application.
- Merge the downloaded form with run-time print streams. This is done in a variety of ways: place merge commands into your print applications, use an AutoMerge facility, or use a print capture post-processing technique.
Our FORMagic PDF File Creator and Forms Manager and FontMagic Font Manager products work similarly. FORMagic PDF allows you to create PDF files, with our without FORMagic forms, for archival and email purposes. The same forms designed for use with FORMagic can be used; no new forms design is required. FontMagic allows you to integrate MICR check, OCR, postal, and barcode fonts into both print and PDF applications, again with or without FORMagic forms.
Developer Integration Methods:
The possibilities are numerous. We offer components which can be combined in many ways to accomplish the basic steps described above. Two of the more commonly used methods are:
- Routines: Callable routines are integrated into your product or service and distributed to download forms. Routines are provided in DLL, EXE, and/or AS/400 formats as appropriate for the platform. AS/400 routines include the ability to store forms in and download from the AS/400. You must incorporate printer commands into your programs to merge forms with print data streams.
- AutoMerge: A callable routine is integrated into your product or service and distributed to download forms. The AutoMerge facility is also distributed to allow the end user to select the form to be merged with print data (Windows); it also provides an optional download facility. For the AS/400, a CL command is provided to merge forms with a previously-created spooled file.
We will be happy to discuss your needs and how FORMagic can be used to embed electronic forms technology into your application quickly and cost-effectively. Just call for an in-depth, no-obligation discussion.
For more information, contact:
Keowee Systems, Inc.
418 East Waterside Drive
Seneca, SC 29672
Tel: (864) 885-0094
Fax: (864) 885-0880 (call first)